There were a lot of April Fools posts circulating through the Web -- even on trusted sites.
A few of my favorites:
- Inhabitat's post, Energy Crisis Solved by Harvesting Rainbows, includes graphics which depict arrays collecting rainbow power.
- Celebrate "Energy Wasting Day!" Enjoy these videos.
- Jenny Cisney shares some of the April Fools Day at the Office pranks performed over the years -- truly inspiring!
- Tufte joins SlideShare board of advisors; No more bullet points on SlideShare. According to this SlideShare.net post, "Special algorithms based on Tufte’s groundbreaking work will parse the PowerPoint file and remove all bullet points, deceptive “chart junk”, and other elements that distract from a presentations effectiveness." It should be noted that SlideShare started out the day with the SlideShow of the Day featuring a bulleted PowerPoint purportedly by Edward R. Tufte. That was taken down at some point and replaced with this blog.
- Announcing Google Weblogs (beta). If it sounds too good to be true -- it is! According to this Google Buzz Blogger post, here’s what you can expect:
- Don’t limit yourself to “reverse chronological” publishing. Our advanced Google algorithms put your best content at the top of your blog. Even if your later work goes downhill your previous posts will still shine.
- No more template languages to mess with or sidebars to get right. Our advanced Google algorithms automatically populate your blog’s sidebar with the most relevant possible content.
- Stop worrying about your PageRank or your search engine optimization. Post directly into Google search results for maximum visibility.
- Save your readers time and effort. We’ll automatically extract the most relevant sentence from your post for the index page, along with any necessary ellipsis. We'll also put some words in bold!
- Your blog’s header will stay fresh with new images from our team of artists, each and every anniversary of a scientific achievement.
- Unsure of what to post about? Just click “I’m Feeling Lucky” and we’ll “take care” of the rest!
What April Fool's postings did you find?